"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Orchestra

As I was laying in bed last night, I thought to myself how funny the orchestra of sounds around me were.  Alex was laying in Drew’s spot and she makes a bit of congestion noise as she breathes.  The dogs were in the floor and making their own noises.  Toto is old and has something of a wheezy snore as he sleeps.  Mac often has dreams and makes little barking noises while twitching in his sleep.  Every so often Foose lets out a big sigh, as if he is finally relaxing for the evening (or maybe he’s put out with all the other noises in the room).  I’m sure the sounds were even more disturbing once I fell asleep and added my dainty little snore.  What?  You don’t believe my snoring is dainty?  Fine.  I’ve been told that my snore sounds more like a freight train or jet engine.  It is anything but dainty and I’m definitely not a pretty sleeper.  It annoys me to see women sleeping in the movies… hair splayed attractively, looking like angels with perfect make up as they slumber.  Whatever.  I snore, my hair is a mess and when my nose is stuffy I tend to breathe through my mouth and drool a little.  Hot, right? 

In other news, I’ve abandoned ProActive face products.  I’ve been using them for months and feel like I’ve given them a fair chance.  It’s just not working.  I’m wondering if maybe they are too harsh and my face just needs something gentle.  I know you really needed to know that.  Ha ha. 

Drew comes home today!  He has no more work trips planned in the next few weeks and I’m happy about that. 

My birthday is still more than a month away, but I have an idea.  I read an article about a woman who spent her 38th birthday doing 38 random acts of kindness.  How cool is that?  I will turn 33 on April 7th and I think that maybe I would like to do that.  I am going to start compiling a list now so that I will be prepared when April arrives.  Do you have ideas?  Oh, I just had another idea.  I usually get a few cards in the mail, so maybe that could be a way for you to help me with my 33 acts.  If you would normally send me a card, send one to someone else instead.  A friend you haven’t seen in a while, a neighbor, a family member, a church member who is ill… whoever.  Send THEM a card for MY birthday.  That would be awesome.  Getting unexpected ‘good’ mail is so much fun and would definitely qualify as an act of kindness!  Oh… if any or all of you would do something kind for another, then my birthday would be awesome.  Pay for someone else’s morning coffee or lunch.  Help a co-worker with a task.  Give the pizza delivery guy a good tip.  Hold the door open for a stranger.  Take cookies to a neighbor.  Oh, there are so very many things you could do.  My birthday could be way bigger than 33 acts if we all pitched in.  It would make me feel awesome and glorify the Lord.  Oh, I’m all about this.  Absolutely.  Let’s all gear up to do something kind and unexpected.  I’ll do it, you do it.  E mail me at adh957@yahoo.com or call or text me and share what you’ve done.  I will compile the list and post it on the blog so that everyone can get new ideas for awesome acts of kindness.  Oh yes, this is way better than traditional birthday presents.  So, there is your mission.  My birthday is just over 5 weeks away, let’s make the next 5 weeks something awesome.  Between now and April 7th, make special efforts to be kind to others and let me know what you are doing.  Let’s encourage each other and give God the glory!  Go!  Now! 

No comments: