"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Act of Kindness

I made a big deal out of practicing random acts of kindness and declared that I would do 33 good deeds in celebration of my 33rd birthday. 

This morning Alex and I loaded up to drop Mac off at the groomer.  As we were driving home it occurred to me that I hadn’t deliberately completed a single act.  I say deliberately because the idea is to do things of intentional kindness, not look back on what I had absent mindedly done and declare them kindness, even if they were. 

As we pulled into the neighborhood I noticed that the strong winds has blows a couple of empty trash cans into the road.  I simply drove around them and pulled into the driveway, but then realized that every person who drives through the neighborhood today would have to do the same thing or else run over them.  I covered Alex in a blanket, carried her inside and then took myself back out into the cold wind to pick up the trash cans.  That was deliberate.  It’s minor, but it counts.  I’m only sharing this to inspire you all to do something kind. 

What have you done?  Or are you planning something?  Tell me.  Seriously.  It would bring me great joy.  Who knows, maybe doing a few things out of intention will turn into doing kind things on a regular basis.  adh957@yahoo.com

Mac is at the groomer for the morning and Foose is having a fit.  His little buddy is AWOL.  Alex is super excited for Mac’s hair cut so that we can put on his new collar… that we just happened to sparkle up with our new tool.  Bring on the bling! 

No comments: