"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter

It’s a beautiful Easter Sunday.  It feels a bit strange to not be in church this morning, but I am happy nonetheless.  It is so difficult for Alex to be away from home for any length of time and we cant forget that avoiding anyone who may be ill is still important.  Though we aren’t attending a worship service today, we are still remembering that Christ is risen. 

The Easter Bunny came to our house yesterday.  We’ve never really done the Easter Bunny thing with our girls, but Alex received a book in the mail and in it the children left their Easter baskets out for the Bunny to fill with treats.  Drew and I had talked about letting the Bunny visit this year, but he/she beat us to it.  Yesterday morning we opened the front door to find a basket of goodies.  We sat it to the side for Alex to wake up to this morning.  You should have heard her squeal of excitement.  I do not know who the Easter Bunny is, but his/her kindness was a lovely treat for all three of us. 

We went to Nonnie’s for brunch yesterday and had a nice time visiting with Drew’s family.  Alex handled everything very well.  She is so physically uncomfortable, but her attitude and manners are always so sweet.  She was happy to be home and in her comfort zone… her spot on the couch with room to wiggle and stretch. 

We’ve had tons of rain in the last few days.  There’s a pond in the corner of our back yard.  I’m thinking we should stock it and go fishing.  Mac remains a sissy, hates the thunder and doesn’t like to get wet.  Toto does his same old thing and in his own sweet time.  Foose sees the rain and puddles as a playground and always busts through the dog door dripping wet.  Crazy dogs. 

As long as I’m talking about my sissy dog… Sometimes Drew & I talk about where we will be in the future.  I would say that 90% of the time we are talking about Florida, specifically the Tampa Bay area.  That’s when I like to make sure to mention that Mac will be with us in our condo.  Drew then points out that I would have to take him out to potty.  I then suggest that we get Drew a doggy backpack to carry Mac around.  After that the conversation dilutes into me laughing and Drew giving dirty looks. 

We have no idea where God will take us in the future, but I am quite certain that it will not include Drew wearing a doggy carrying backpack. 

No comments: