"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Friday, March 8, 2013

Free weekend?

Last night Drew asked, “What do you want to do this weekend?” 

That question is simple enough, but it seems like it’s been a while since we had an option.  His travel for work, my truck repairs, Alex’s needs… have seemed to occupy our weekends lately. 

To be honest, my truck does need a small repair, but it shouldn’t take too long.  Hopefully.  It’s a small crack that must be sealed.  We’ve known it was there, but it won’t seal when the weather is freezing or wet, which it has been.  Now that it’s warmer, hopefully the fix will be quick and then we can move on to, “What should we do this weekend?” 

Alex and I got up and around early this morning.  We were up before 7 and Drew was already gone by that time.  He’s been working a lot and going in early to try and keep from working after 5.  Sometimes going in early means he will be home before 6, but sometimes, like last night, it means he won’t leave the office until after 6. 

My morning started perfectly when I went to start a pot of coffee and realized that Drew had already brewed a pot for me.  Hot coffee, no wait, sweet husband. 

I passed the 50 mile mark for 2013 yesterday.  Long way to go, but it feels awesome to have hit the 50 mile marker.  Alex is doing great in her stroller and it makes me so happy. 

Oh, the answer to the question of weekend activities?  I don’t know yet. 

No comments: