"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Kiss Face

I went on and on to my dad yesterday about how I can’t work out at home because of distractions.  Then I worked out at home.  Exercise ball?  Check.  Dumb bells?  Check.  Great work out?  Check. 

This morning I woke up, moved my body and found myself making a Kiss face.  Not a kissy face.  Nope, not a smooch face.  A Kiss face, as in Gene Simmons from the rock band Kiss.  That’s right.  As soon as I moved and every muscle in my body screamed, I automatically adopted a mouth wide open, tongue sticking out, contorted expression of muscle pain & pure accomplished pleasure.  (Don’t lie, you are making the face right now.  Aren’t you?  Or at least trying really hard not to make the face.) 

I have come to the conclusion that the Kiss face must be close cousins with “Oh, sweet mother!”  Remember that post from a while back?  From what I can tell, “Oh, sweet mother!” is what you moan during the hard core exercises.  The Kiss face is what you do the next morning when your muscles are on fire. 

Otherwise related… I’m still thinking about training to become a health coach.  I’ve been thinking on it a lot, doing some research and I still feel like it is something I would really love to do.  I am going to give it some more time, but I am going to go ahead with getting my CPR/AED certification.  I haven’t been certified since I worked at the hospital 15 years ago.  I will have to have that before I could sign up for the course and it’s a good thing to have anyway. 

It’s cold and rainy here today and supposed to be for the next few days.  My truck is still leaking coolant and all the tricks and repairs that Drew has tried haven’t completely fixed the problem.  I’m so tired of it, but I know it is just something that goes along with a 14 year old vehicle.  Drew has ordered a new radiator and will do the replace the old one soon.  Hopefully that will put us in good shape with the truck for a while.  Cold & rainy weather plus a leaky truck equals staying home.  Alex is doing pretty good today.  I’ve found that giving her a little bit of ibuprofen, in addition to her normal array of medications, helps her feel a bit more comfortable.  That’s always a good thing. 

No comments: