"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Friday, March 15, 2013

Light

It’s been pointed out to me that I’ve been light on the blogging this week.  That’s true.  In my defense, the weather has been so pretty that I don’t feel so much need to sit inside with my computer in my lap.  There’s that and I’ve been pretty busy. 

On Wednesday I took my dad to Fayetteville for an MRI.  He’s been having these dizzy spells for about a month now and finally the doctor ordered an MRI to rule out any other issues.  Since he was going to be there for a brain MRI he decided to go ahead and do the neck MRI.  Remember that he can’t move his neck up, down, left, right or side to side?  Well, maybe the MRI will tell something about exactly why and if anything can be done to help it.  FYI, his heart and arteries are in tip top shape, so that has nothing to do with being dizzy.  Now that I’ve given you a complete medical history on Dad, I will say that it was actually a pretty good time.  Just me and Dad and that doesn’t happen too often these days.  I’m sure dad would have to discount the horrors that accompany laying in an MRI machine (even an open MRI).  Just hearing his account of that hour of time was enough to put me on the verge of a panic attack. 

Anyway, Dad didn’t really NEED me to go with him on Wednesday, but I wanted to.  In fact, I don’t think I even asked him if he wanted me along, I just told him I was going.  I guess you don’t need a reminder that I’m the bossy eldest child.  Eldest or not, I’m also the only girl and that makes me Dad’s favorite daughter. 

Yesterday I took Alex to Nonnie’s.  I had some Kohl’s cash to spend from when we bought Drew’s clothes last week.  I scavenged the clearance jewelry, got a great swim suit cover up and didn’t pay a penny!  I also needed to replace my beloved sandals, so I went to TJ Maxx before the mall.  I totally hit the jackpot and got a great pair of sandals for less than half of what I would have paid at Dillard’s.  Score!  One last stop at Target for dog food and toilet paper and I was wiped out.  I visited with Dottie for a while and then Alex and I headed home.  You may not believe this, but shopping takes quite a bit of energy.  Throughout the winter Alex and I have spent the vast majority of our time in the house.  I have gotten my activity from the gym or grocery shopping, but even that comes in short spurts.  Three hour marathon shopping is something that I am out of practice with.

Alex has been handling the added activity to the last two weeks pretty well.  We have added an extra dose of medications and, while I wouldn’t say anything is drastically better, she is handling things with grace.  She’s pretty awesome.  I’m trying to be sure that we ease into more activity and not just throw her (or myself) into more than we can or should handle. 

How about a few photos that have been accumulating on my camera? 

If dogs could talk then I’m pretty sure Toto would have been saying, “If I lay very very still then maybe she won’t notice that I’m covered in mud.” 

march152013 011

Alex and I blinged out Mac’s collar. 

march152013 001

march152013 015

Alex was rocking her St. Patty’s Day accessories from Nonnie. 

march152013 010

Chilling with Daddy. 

march152013 016

That’s it for the photos.  It’s warm and sunny today and the weather man says we could get close to 80 degrees.  I’m almost afraid that when Alex and I go for our jog that it will be so wonderful I will turn into Forrest Gump.  “I just felt like run-ning! … So I just RAN!”  If you don’t hear from me soon then you should start watching the news for stories on the weird girl who just started running across the country because she felt like it. 

No comments: