"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Necessary

It is absolutely necessary for me to go to the store.  We are out of pretty much everything.  I didn’t realize how sparse the kitchen was until this morning.  There was enough coffee to make one pot.  Then there was only enough creamer for one cup.  After that I had to resort to the back up creamer… powder.  Yuck.  I had a banana for breakfast, but when I went for a snack just now I found pretty much nothing.  I settled on the last bit of Raisin Bran, but the fridge only offered expired milk.  Add a few shriveled up grapes and leftovers on the verge of questionable and I was left with only condiments to choose from.  I used the last of the peanut butter last night when I had an apple.  The almonds are gone and that is a typical snack for me.  

I’m withering away to nothing here! 

Okay, I’m exaggerating.  There is a can vegetable soup in the cabinet and if I was willing to cook then I would have more options.  My point was that we are all out of the staples.  What are your kitchen staples?  The things you can’t go very long without?  Mine are: skim milk, fat free coffee creamer, gourmet roast Maxwell House coffee, natural peanut butter, raw almonds, whole grain cereal and fruit.  The only thing I currently have is fruit.  Looks like I will get in my recommended servings of fruit today.  I think I’ll have the vegetable soup for lunch and fruit for a snack later.  Dinner will have to be prepared from actual ingredients tonight and then I will definitely go to the grocery store.  Facing tomorrow morning with no coffee is just not an attractive option.  You don’t want that to happen, believe me. 

No comments: