"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Question

I’ve been wanting to get The Book of Questions for some time now.  In fact, I may just get it tomorrow.  If I do, then you better look out.  You know how I love a good question and how I like to hear your answers.  There is a talk show host that keeps the book with him and asks his guests random questions.  Jeff Probst, maybe?  I can’t remember, but I’m super intrigued about all the thought provoking possibilities. 

Today’s question came from an episode of Hoarding.  The therapist’s intention was to get the hoarder to identify what was really most important. 

Before you read my answer, ask yourself.  Honestly, what would you grab if you only had 3 minutes to get out? 

My initial answer to the question was: my family, my dogs and the tub of photos in my office (which include my external hard drive that holds the last couple of years of photos). 

I asked Drew and his answer was exactly the same. 

I love that our answers were the same.  Honestly though, what else is there?  Everything else is replaceable.  Maybe we couldn’t get exactly the same items, but close enough.  Aside from my family and our dogs, the only possessions that are irreplaceable are photos.  Even that isn’t completely true.  It’s the digital age, which means that some of our photos are on this blog or have been shared with others who could send them back to me.  Still, photos are the one thing that I would really really want to save if time allowed. 

1 comment:

Mindy said...

When Jeff and I met, we bought The Book of Questions and spent hours taking turns asking the questions. That's how we got to know each other! I highly recommend it.