"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Shush

Drew and I went to bed as soon as Alex did last night.  That makes me feel old, but oh well.  Now Drew is at work and I’m awake by myself.  Alex is still asleep, so, “Shush!” 

The sun is shining this morning and I’m willing to take that as a step in the right direction for spring.  Yesterday evening it was snowing again.  It didn’t accumulate to anything, but it visibly snowed for more than an hour.  Oh, and it was cold.  It’s still cold, but the sunshine is a great gesture for now. 

I’m watching the news with the volume muted.  They just advertised for RazorFest on April 20th.  We went last year and Alex was thrilled to be at a Razorback football game.  Never mind that it is just a fund raising scrimmage, it’s still Razorback football in the stadium.  Drew and I get back from our trip on the evening of the 18th, so maybe we will all be up for RazorFest on the 20th.  Alex would love that. 

Speaking of the trip, Alex seems to be getting excited for her sleepovers when we are away.  I hope that is the case when the time arrives in less than three weeks.  I’m sure there will be some trepidation on my part and on hers, but I know we will both be fine and enjoy our time apart.  There’s always this, too… being apart makes you extra happy to be back together. 

I guess it goes without saying that I’m excited for the trip.  Dear Florida weather, please be warm and full of sunshine.  I’m counting on you for this. 

Want to hear something sweet?  It’s about Drew, though you probably aren’t surprised about that.  We were watching Disney Channel with Alex on Sunday and Drew pointed to one of the adults and said, “You look like her.”  I didn’t say anything because I was staring.  It was a woman who I would consider to be beautiful and attractive, though I never would have said that I looked like her.  I could tell from the tone of his voice and the randomness of such a comment that he really meant it.  He makes me feel good about myself.  He honestly believes that I’m a stone cold fox.  Every woman deserves a man who truly believes and frequently tells her that she is drop dead gorgeous.  I found mine and I’m keeping him. 

One more brownie point for Drew?  He remembered to take the trash out this morning.  Yep, he’s a keeper. 

No comments: