"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Weekend

Yesterday morning I picked up Grandpa, picked up breakfast and went to Dad’s for a while.  I was hired as his official decorator in charge of new living room curtains.  I do believe that my mission was a success.  www.swagsgalore.com has a great selection of curtains and I found a great deal on the perfect things.  By the time I left Dad’s I had removed the ancient grandmother drapes and replaced them with a new curtain rod, chocolate brown panels with silver grommets and adhered some burlap to the bottom of each panel to give it a more rustic feel.  If I had been thinking then I would have taken a photo.   It was also nice to hang out with Dad and Grandpa for a while. 

I had a hot date yesterday afternoon.  Drew and I took Alex to Mom’s and spent the afternoon shopping for our Florida trip next month.  I got a super hot pair of heels to wear with my cocktail dresses.  We tried to shop for a new suit for Drew, but had no luck.  We did find some new swim trunks, shorts and polo shirts for him, which he sorely needed regardless of the impending trip.   I completely avoided any other shoe shopping, knowing that I wanted to wear my favorite cork wedge sandals with my sun dresses. 

Once we were all home, Alex wanted to see what was in the shopping bags, so we put on a fashion show for her.  She laughed and laughed.  I was in such a good mood that after she was in bed I decided to pull out my sun dresses and sandals to take inventory of all I have and anything else I may need.  My good mood hit a brick wall when I pulled out my favorite sandals.  Apparently I got them wet the last time I wore them and the cork wedges were peeling and cracking.  The straps on top are leather, but there is a tiny piece of elastic where they buckle and that elastic is shot.  Boo hoo.  I’m so bummed.  I don’t see any way that they could be repaired and it’s not like they are $200 shoes anyway.  I guess I’m going to need a new pair of sandals.  What did I do to cheer myself up?  I sat on the couch in my night gown and new black high heels.  Of course. 

I will say this about running around all day… fast food is awful.  I ate fast food for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  That’s a lot for a body to handle and trying on my sun dresses wasn’t much fun.  All the salt, fat and other junk makes me feel bloated and yucky.  No more fast food.  Please. 

Today is just a relaxing day at home.  NASCAR and snuggles this afternoon.  Tonight is a new episode of The Walking Dead and you know I won’t miss that.  I’m thinking that an early bedtime will be necessary so that Drew can get up on time in the morning.  Yes, this is where I complain about Daylight Savings.  I would be letting you down if I didn’t bring it up.  I know I’m not the only one who walks around for the next few days, wondering if the clock they are looking at is correct or not.  Did we change that clock already?  Is it really 12 or 1? 

I hope you are all enjoying this cool & rainy afternoon.  It’s fine with me for today, but mainly because the forecast is calling for 74 degrees by the end of the week!  Wahoo! 

No comments: