"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Friday, April 12, 2013

FRIDAY!

Yes, it’s Friday.  For most of you that means that it is the last day of the work week, for me it means that there is only one day between me and Florida!

I have a few things to get done today, but Drew has added to the list.  He suggested that I completely dump out my purse and then only add back in the things that I need for the trip.  That’s actually a brilliant idea.  I have notoriously big purses.  My cousin Austin always called them movie purses, because they were big enough to hide all your own snacks and drinks to sneak into the movie theater.  Over the years my purse contents have changed from movie snacks into more practical items.  Well, practical for me.  Receipts, a handicap parking hang tag, random change and the occasional dollar bill, chap stick, lip stick, hand sanitizer, business cards and a very messy wallet.  A quick look revealed at least one thing that airport security probably wouldn’t like… a prescription for a controlled substance that is not in my name.  Granted, it’s Alex’s, but security wouldn’t like that.  I wonder if my hand sanitizer is over the volume allowance?  I’d like to see them take my germ killer!  I can only assume that when I actually dump out my purse that I will find other questionable items.  I might even have a good story to tell about said items. 

The most fun thing on my to-do list today is a pedicure.  It is Drew’s birthday present to me and I’ve saved it for today so my piggies will be beach ready. 

My most recent check on the to-do list?  Well, it wasn’t on the list, but I may add it just so I can check it off.  Eat Girl Scout cookies.  On one hand I don’t want them to ever run out, on the other I hope I eat them all today so they will be gone and no longer an option for snacking. 

No comments: