"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Yeehaw!

This afternoon we are taking Alex to Grandpa John & Alison’s house.  She is super excited and I’m praying she has a wonderful time and that John & Alison survive a few days of being the caregivers. 

The big “Yeehaw!” is not for leaving Alex today, it is for being in Florida tomorrow!  I think I have pretty much everything in order for Alex and will finish the final packing for myself this evening. 

Last night I had a dream.  A weird dream.  Of course, I can’t remember it all, but it had something to do an overflowing toilet.  Really?  Stopped up plumbing and overflowing potty?  I’m telling you, the dream could have been a segment on Dirty Jobs.  What the heck?  I’m usually one who likes to dissect dreams, but I’m going to leave this one alone.  I can’t imagine what sort of emotions would produce such a dream and I prefer to think that it was just a strange, random and disgusting dream.  Gross. 

Drew and I watched ‘Here Comes the Boom’ last night.  I expected it to be a dumb movie full of slap stick humor.  It was, but it was also pretty good.  I laughed a lot and that is always a good thing. 

Remember how I told you my ‘price’?  Girl Scout cookies.  Well, I found the exception.  ‘Thank You Berry Much’ is not only a strange name for a cookie, but it is also kind of gross.  I had never had them before and I only ate one before I decided that I didn’t care for them.  For future reference… either plain and simple like Tagalongs or something with chocolate are much better for bribing me. 

This morning I am going to run to the bank to take care of some Happy Like This things before we leave.  I am very happy to say that we have the ability to help a young family with a very special new baby.  It gives me great pleasure to pass on the gifts that all of you so generously give to HLT.  The entire premise behind HLT is to give special families a blessing when they most need it.  Families with special needs children face many obstacles and if, through HLT, we can give them a smile and/or take a worry off of their list then we have succeeded in our mission.  God is good and HLT is blessed to share His joy with others. 

No comments: