"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Friday, May 17, 2013

Friday Blessings

It feels like this week has had more to handle than a normal week around our house, so I’m glad to see Friday roll around.  Drew is not working from home today and that’s always a bummer.  He’s been working a lot lately… going in early, staying a bit late and staying super busy while he is there.  It’s a busy season for them, so it’s to be expected.  He’s had some Canada Wal-Mart guys in for training this week and he has a trip planned to go there in June.  I guess the next month will be equally as busy. 

I would like to give a shout out to all the moms who also have a job outside the home.  I have no idea how you maintain any resemblance of organization or order.  My plate feels quite full with just caring for my family and keeping up the house.  How in the world a woman can balance that and another job is beyond me.  All I had this week was two doctor appointments that required trips to town and my house has suffered.  My routine is disrupted and I think we all know that I’m a creature of habit who relishes a good routine. 

Having said that, I realize that while there are some women who would like to stay at home but have to work, there are also women who find great pleasure in working outside the home.  Everyone is different.  My particular choice has always been to stay at home with my kiddos.  It’s been my preference and I have been blessed with a husband to share that ideal with.  He has and still does work hard to make that possible.  Sometimes I get overwhelmed and long for a break from the house.  There have been plenty of times where finances made me wonder if I should get a job.  Through all of those times, I remain grateful for my family’s particular situation and the gift of being a stay at home mom. 

Sometimes I get so busy blogging about the daily happenings of our life or the random things that get my ticker racing, so let me pause to be publicly grateful.  I’ve said this many times before, but I think it is important to acknowledge and give thanks for the daily blessings that God gives us.  Today I am grateful…

  • for this wiggly little girl sitting beside me.
  • to know that my husband will be home this evening and to know that the reason he is gone right now is because he is blessed with a great job.
  • for random giggles and honest moments during bedtime prayers with Alex. 
  • for family and friends who are always there for us. 
  • chiropractic care that has not only erased my headaches but has, in just a few weeks, made a huge difference in how Drew feels, too. 
  • for perspective on past trials and joys… to see a tiny piece of God’s plan and how He had it worked out the entire time. 

I am also grateful for simple and silly things like…

  • lavender scented laundry detergent.
  • a dishwasher.
  • pull-ups and disposable wipes.
  • water pressure.
  • a trash man that comes twice a week.

I think we all know that I could go on and on.  What are you thankful for today?  Big things or little things, there are many blessings to count if you think about it. 

Like I’ve said, I have some housework to catch up on today, but hopefully there is a long walk in store for today and perhaps a visit to Grandpa’s.  May you have a blessed day and may you remember to give thanks to God for each of those blessings.  I will.   

No comments: