"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mother’s Day Weekend

Last night Drew told me that we were not just having a Mother’s Day Sunday, but we were instead having a Mother’s Day weekend.  Sweet!  He’s been asking me all week what I wanted to do and last night I came up with something.  Donuts.  Yep, I’m easy to please.  Donuts, please. 

Alex slept until 10 this morning which means that I actually woke up before she did.  It was lovely to wake up of my own free will and lay in bed for a bit before getting up.  Once we were all three up, I bathed Alex while Drew started the coffee.  I had Alex laying in the living room floor, naked as a jay bird, when Dad & Grandpa showed up.  I’m not going to lie, I had to look down to make sure I was fully dressed.  I was.  Whew.  No bra, but let’s face it… bras are only good for certain things and hanging out at home on a Saturday morning is not one of them!  Sorry, too much information. 

I got Alex dressed and we all visited for a while before Drew made a donut run.  As luck would have it, Daylight Donuts was still open.  They open super early and stay open until they have nothing left.  Since they were running low, the lady filled up two boxes for Drew and called it the closing special.  So, yeah, I have two boxes of donuts in my kitchen.  My favorite?  A yum yum with jelly filling.  Seriously yummy.  Oh, Happy Mother’s Day to me!  I’m easy to please.  On a side note, we will be having donuts until we are sick of them or they go bad. 

Drew has gone to Fayetteville for Pat’s college graduation this afternoon.  Yeah Pat!  FYI, if you are in NWA and looking to hire a fella with a degree in Criminal Justice, then Pat is your man. 

Alex and I stayed home, knowing that graduation weekend at the U of A is quite a crowded event.  We’ve been for a walk (1.68 miles) on this beautiful Saturday and now we are flipping channels on television.  It’s just a nice, relaxing day and I have full intentions of having a donut for lunch.  Happy Mother’s Day weekend to me! 

No comments: