"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Questions

Sunday night, as Drew was laying out his clothes for Monday morning…

Drew: I can’t even wear the same pair of pants more than once. 

Me:  Why not? 

Drew:  Because every time I take them off, you wash them. 

What?!?!  I, Mandy Harris, would like to be referred to as the laundry queen from here on out. 

Mother’s day was wonderful for me.  It was really a beautiful day and I just felt happy.  FYI, we ate less than half of the donuts that Drew brought home on Saturday morning and I’m about to throw out the rest.  They are now stale and I think that Drew and I both are sick of them. 

I haven’t said this in a while, so here it goes… I saw this thing on Pinterest.  It’s a birthday questionnaire intended for children, but I think it can apply to everyone.  As always, I firmly believe that writing opens the mind and soul.  It helps us discover who we really are, who we want to be and gives us something to look back on to remember our lessons learned and how far we’ve come.  This questionnaire is just fun and I’m going to do it.  My birthday was just over a month ago, so it’s still fair game.  Are we betting on if I will remember to do it in future years?  FYI, Drew’s birthday is the 27th and I’m totally going to make him answer these questions. 

1. Who is your favorite person in the whole world? 

Drew Harris.  No question. 

2. What is your favorite color? 

Red.  It’s passionate. 

3. What’s your favorite television show? 

That’s tough.  I’m going to say Bates Motel.  Weird, right?  It’s like a prequel to Hitchcock’s Psycho and I love the psychological intrigue of it.  

4. What is your favorite outfit? 

My running shoes, Feeture socks, under armor compression leggings and a tank top. 

5. What sport do you like best? 

Baseball, but only to watch it live. 

6. What song do you love? 

Forever Young by Bob Dylan

7. What is your favorite cereal?

Life

8. Who is your best friend?

My number one person is Drew.  My best girl friend is Christin. 

9. What do you want to be when you grow up? 

Happy

10. What is your favorite book? 

My favorite book of inspiration and reason would be Walden by HD Thoreau.  My favorite for a quick and enjoyable read, Nicholas Sparks novels

11. What are you really good at? 

Being Alex’s mommy

12. Where do you wish you could go on vacation. 

The ocean.  Always

13. What is your best memory? 

Just one?  Dang.  Bedtime routines with Drew, Alex & Emma… the giggles, snuggles, hugs, kisses and prayers. 

14. What would you buy if you had $1000. 

Assuming that the $1000 couldn’t be used to pay a bill?  A new guitar. 

15. What vegetable do you hate the most? 

Cabbage.  It smells awful.

16. If you could have a wish, what would it be? 

That’s a loaded question.  Does it have to be a reasonable wish or a wish for a miracle?  No matter, a cure for PKAN. 

17. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?

Rocky Road.

18. Who is your biggest hero? 

Again with the loaded questions.  Hero is a big word with many implications that aren’t necessarily fair for the person whom we assign them to.  No, I refuse to answer this with an person from my personal life.  Instead I will pick a person that I’ve never met.  Mother Teresa.  She was a selfless humanitarian and faithful believer in Christ.  Heroic. 

19. What do you like to do best with your friends? 

Eat.  How’s that for a simple answer? 

20. What do you hope you will get to do before your next birthday? 

Pay off student loans.  That’s a hefty wish, but I may as well put it out in the universe. 

 

Okay, that’s it for the questions.  Did you answer them with me?  Were you surprised at any of your answers? 

No comments: