"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Emma

Alex and I went to the cemetery on Friday.  We stopped at the store first and Alex picked out these two flowers.  One big pink one for sissy and one big purple one for herself. 

I knew it had been a month since we approved the final headstone design and was wondering if it had been placed.  I’m not sure how long it had been there, but was happy to see it in place. 

headstone

I think it’s really simple and beautiful.  I did clean up everything else that was on her grave.  If you have left anything there in the past then I thank you for being so kind.  Now that the headstone is in place I just felt a strong need to have it clean and simple.  Nothing but her headstone and the two flowers remain and I’m happy with it.  So is Alex. 

A&Emay312013

Alex was happy to be there, see the stone that she helped pick out and to leave her two pretty flowers.  She did get a little teary when we left, but I reminded her that Sissy is in heaven and this is just one place that we come to remember her. 

No comments: