"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father’s Day

I’m one of those who is sincerely blessed to have such men in my life. 

Happy Father’s Day to my own Dad (a pic from 2011)

july232011 003

Happy Father’s Day to my Grandpa (this picture cracks me up because he looks Amish, but this is a recent pic from last month)

may262013 007

And Happy Father’s Day to Drew

He’s really pretty wonderful and I have witnesses to testify to that! 

chilling out on the floor…

may2013 001

snuggles on the couch…

may2013 002

fun in the pool…

pool2013

He’s pretty wonderful and I thank God for him every day.  Happy Father’s Day, Daddy! 

Alex and I tried to do something creative for Daddy this week.  The idea was lovely, the execution was quite flawed.  The concrete is rough, the sun worked against me and Alex couldn’t keep her eyes open!  This is what we wound up with. 

june2013 014 (2)

It’s the thought that counts, right? 

We did have a card and Duck Dynasty tshirt for Drew this morning and DIRECTV is here to upgrade our television system.  Drew called on Friday to downgrade our package, only to find out that our equipment is out of date.  They are upgrading us to the genie for free and our new package is much less expensive.  I’m happy for the less expensive part, Drew is happy for all the new features.  The DIRECTV guy (who, when asked, told us he always works Sundays) is less than happy about having to pull all new wire because the last guy (2 1/2 years ago) did it incorrectly.  I’m guessing he will only be happy when the job is done.  When Mr. DIRECTV walked into the living room, Alex pushed the button on her computer that says, “Daddy is a rock star!”  I guess she just wanted him to know :) 

No comments: