"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Friday, June 21, 2013

Friday

Yes, it’s Friday.  No, Drew is not home.  He’s not exactly working, but attending work related stuff today.  Boo.  Alex & I were up before he left this morning and she cried when he left.  Talk about breaking Daddy’s heart. 

I’m working on some Happy Like This stuff this morning and always feel excited when there is someone we can reach out to. 

Aside from HLT stuff, I have a severe case of “I Don’t Wanna!”  Alex has toys spread all across the living room and is still wearing her pajamas.  I have quilting stuff all over the couch, the sink is full of dirty dishes and the dining table is covered in folded laundry that I haven’t put away.  Even so, I don’t want to deal with any of it. 

Yesterday I came across the blog of a mom to two autistic children.  At first I was inspired by her attitude, then I just felt irritated with her positivity.  That led me to wonder why on earth any of you would read my blog.  I can only hope that I have some sort of balance between hope and reality.  Maybe leaning a little more towards the positive side?  Hopefully.  Whether I really do express the awesomeness of reality or you all are just nosey… I can’t say! 

All week I’ve been thinking I was bored.  I actually said it out loud to Cheryl yesterday, expressing my confusion over how there can be plenty to do and I still feel bored.  She corrected me.  It isn’t boredom, it’s lack of stimulation.  Ain’t she a smart one?!  I’m going to take it one step further and say it’s lack of desired stimulation.  That’s obviously why I chose a Hemingway book at the library instead of a mindless piece of fiction… seeking intellectual stimulation.  I was telling Drew this last night…

Me: blah, blah, blah… stimulation…

Drew: You could put thumb tacks in your shoes and then you will be stimulated every time you take a step. 

Me: DESIRED stimulation, dear. 

You’ve got to give the guy credit for making me laugh. 

I feel like such a bummer this week.  If I may be a bummer a bit longer, I sort of despise everyone on Facebook who is posting pictures of their wonderful beach vacations.  Of course, I mean that in the most loving way possible.  ha ha

Alex and I are getting out this afternoon to run a few errands for HLT and that will surely be a good thing.  I really love having the privilege of reaching out to a family who could really just use a little bit of happy.  Drew will be home this evening and home all weekend, so that’s naturally a good thing.  If Alex has any say then we will be spend at least a bit of the weekend in the pool, which is cool with me because sunshine does a Mandy good! 

FYI, since I started writing this I have managed to take a break to pick up toys, take a shower, put on real clothes, fix my hair and dress Alex in her favorite purple outfit.  I’m making a bit of progress, right? 

No comments: