"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

My Two Cents

There is so much going on in national news that I’m having a hard time not getting sucked into the debates.  Don’t get me wrong, I really appreciate a mature and intellectual debate over something that really matters.  The problem I’m seeing right now is that many many participants are lacking both maturity and intellect.  So many have an opinion and seem to think that their opinion is more valid and more accurate than anyone else’s.  Here is all I will allow myself to say about it…

1.) Consider how much you really know about the subject that you are mouthing about (perhaps a judgment from the Supreme Court?)  2.) Consider how much you really understand about your constant or point of reference (whether that be the Bible, organized religion, your own moral compass, or simply the history of America & our laws)  3.) Remember that those who yell the loudest are not always the ones who are heard the clearest. 

In complete honesty, I would give this advice to any person on either side of the debate.  As for myself, I don’t presume to have such a handle on life that I have any right to judge another. 

 

Moving on and away from such intense topics…

 

It looks like Drew may be taking a few vacation days next week.  I have no idea what we will do all week, so I asked Alex what she wanted to do if Daddy was home all week.  Her answers?  Play SpongeBob Memory Game, play Candy Land and watch football with Daddy.  Simple enough.  I think I can safely add in at least a little bit of pool time and maybe a matinee movie one afternoon?  I guess we will have to do some thinking on other fun things to do together. 

No comments: