"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Friday, July 12, 2013

Happy Like This

I will not write about anything else today, so as not to distract you from what is really necessary.  I have written a new post on the HLT website and ask that you visit our site and read the latest post. 

In short, we are still awaiting the IRS approval of our tax exempt status (12+ months so far).  Until we receive that, we cannot apply for or receive any grants to fund our mission.  The board recently agreed to wait a few more months, pray that our 501c3 is soon granted and to share with special needs families conservatively in the mean time.  This is a reasonable approach, and one that I suggested, but I will be perfectly honest in saying that patience is not my virtue.  I REALLY do not want to see the day come that we must turn away from a special family that has been nominated, simply because we do not have the funds to help them.  Our funds are running dangerously low and that is why I am turning to you.  

Please go to www.HappyLikeThis.com and read the latest post.  Please, please, please consider giving in whatever way you are able.  Our mission to share the joy of Christ with special needs families is so very close to my heart and I appreciate each and every one of you who have made/continue to make this possible. 

No comments: