"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Relevant

I feel like it is completely relevant to share with you all that I just had a great run.  Heidi spends one hour on Tuesdays doing therapy with Alex and that gives me a nice chunk of time at the gym.  I’ve only been making time for one or two days a week at the gym lately and I’m writing this as a public reminder to myself that I NEED more! 

The next time that I’m feeling blah, someone PLEASE remind me that a good run will probably make me feel better.  You don’t even have to tell me to work out, just remind me to go back to July 16, 2013 and read my own post. 

30 or 40 minutes of getting my heart rate up and pushing myself has some sort of awesome power.  When I let excuses of a busy (or distracted) life keep from from doing that… NO, there is no valid excuse for that… not when my own experience has proven the benefits. 

For the record, my slacking in the last month means that I’ve added little mileage to my 2013 goal.  I’m currently at 112.4 miles and it is the 197th day of the year. 

In case anyone is connecting the dots, my lack of exercise could very well be connected to feeling sort of blah and my ongoing & nagging headache of the last few weeks.  Geez Mandy, how could you not make that connection and DO something about it?! 

No comments: