"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Saturday

Alex got a package in the mail yesterday from Ron & Carrie.  Words can’t describe how happy she (and Drew) were to find this! 

 july132013 001

july132013 002

A Razorback jersey!  The only rational thing to do was put it on immediately and wear it as a nightgown.  photo

Evening snuggles with Daddy, so tired she can’t keep her eyes open. 

july132013 003

What happens to Alex’s pallet in the floor after she’s in bed for the night.  Yeah, that’s Toto’s rear sticking out from under her blanket. 

july132013 006

It’s been a lovely Saturday at home.  I did our grocery shopping this morning and felt quite pleased with my trip to Aldi.  Yes, I was so pleased with my selections that I took a picture while I was waiting in line.  I’m a nerd, but this is a healthy shopping cart. 

photo (2)

I felt even more pleased to have gotten everything on my shopping list (that will last us 2 weeks) for $68.  Take that Wal-Mart!  Of course, that is considering that we still have quite a bit of meat in the freezer.  We will probably need another gallon of milk and another loaf of bread before the next big shopping trip, but that’s no big deal.  FYI, Cheryl wasn’t lying when she said milk was cheaper at Aldi… $2.00 for a gallon.  And eggs are $.85.

When I got the groceries home we had a yummy snack of pita chips and Babybel cheese.  So yummy.  For lunch we had a turkey sandwich with light mayo and lettuce on wheat bread.  I always make Drew a full sandwich, but I am completely satisfied with just a half.  I cut up an apple, a peach, an orange and a handful of grapes… squeezed in the juice of half a lemon and just a drop of honey, tossed it all around and we had a nice fruit salad with our sandwich.  Good choices.  Good food. 

Now, before I get too full of myself, I must make a confession.  On Thursday afternoon the doorbell rang and I answered it to find the neighborhood kids holding a tub of cookie dough.  Yep, I ordered that more than a month ago during the ‘eat whatever and however much I want’ phase.  After consulting with my mom I decided that, since I bought it to support the school, it was my civic duty to make and eat those cookies!  Nothing wrong with a cookie now and then. 

photo (1)

We went swimming for a while this afternoon and enjoyed the sunshine.  Alex always loves that and so do Drew & I.  For some reason it feels so much better to relax around the house after an hour in the pool. 

No comments: