"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Sleep?

I let Alex fall asleep on the couch last night.  That was partly because she was too cute as she dozed off, the other half is because I failed to prepare her bed before I picked her up for night time snuggles.  Drew and I typically have a pretty good system for bedtime.  Many times that includes my arms full of Alex and Drew making sure there is a fresh bed mat on her bed.  Last night I forgot to make sure the bed was in order before I picked her up.  So… I decided to just let her fall asleep in the living room with me.  I mean, really, how precious is this child? 

alexsleeping

I know that everyone thinks that their child is the cutest ever, but they are wrong.  I am absolutely 100% certain that Alex is the most beautiful child on the planet.  (You may need to adjust my statistics to allow for the motherly bias.) 

As for myself, sleep didn’t come easy.  I decided to take my half of the bed out of the middle since Drew wasn’t here.  That was fairly comfortable, but it took me forever to fall asleep.  I haven’t spoken with Drew today, but I did get a text message from him and he didn’t sleep well either.  Actually, he didn’t sleep at all.  After a certain point he just gave up, got up and worked through the night.  The bad news is that he’s exhausted.  The good news is that he got a lot done.  Want to hear something awful?  I like to hear that he has just as much trouble sleeping without me as I do without him.  He love me :)

Please allow me to pat myself on the back for taking out the trash and recycling for today’s pick up.  That’s not usually my job, so I feel pretty cool for remembering and actually doing it. 

I didn’t make it to the gym today during Alex’s therapy because  I went back up to Cherry Berry to talk to the owner about our party on the 10th.  I had the party room reserved, but hadn’t been able to confirm that they would donate to our cause.  Today he agreed to donate 10% of frozen yogurt sales from 4-7pm that day.  The agreement for these sort of fundraisers is that we do the leg work to bring people in.  I assured him that we were doing just that, so don’t make a liar out of me!  I will continue to remind you all about this event and really hope to see many of you there.  I do realize that not everyone is local and can be there.  If you would like to shop Thirty-One, Origami Owl or Kelly’s Kids, you may do so anytime between now and the party.  Contact me at HappyLikeThis@yahoo.com and I will point you in the right direction to place your orders.  You, our friends and family, keep HLT going and I am so grateful for each of you. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, she is beautiful!
-Jessica