"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Sleep.

Yes, I slept last night.  If I am to believe the news reports this morning, it rained and thundered something awful here last night.  Could have fooled me.  It doesn’t look soggy outside and nothing woke me up in the night. 

I just made the decision to email Alex’s neurologist in KC.  I immediately got an out of office reply.  I know that I could call his nurse and that she could consult another doctor, but it’s not an emergency.  Even more than that, I have his cell phone number for moments like these.  He will be back in the office on Monday and we can wait until then.  I do have one extra daily dose of medication that I know I can give her and that will work for now.  Her spirits are still good, but her little body is so very stiff and struggling.  He assured me on our last visit that we have plenty of room to move up on medications to keep her comfortable. 

Other random stuff.  I’ve cancelled my chiropractor appointments for while in order to save that money (we pay out of pocket because insurance doesn’t pay anything).  I think Drew is going to do the same when he gets back home.  Nonnie is coming over for a little while this afternoon to visit.  Alex is flopping around in the floor and I’ve straightened her out at least 10 times in the few hours we’ve been awake.  She has an appointment to get her hair cut tomorrow.  I’m not exactly sure how that is going to happen, but it must be done.  The back of her head is thinning and stays matted, despite my daily efforts to detangle and condition it. 

There’s really nothing spectacular to report on and I need to straighten Alex out again, so that’s it for now.   

No comments: