"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Monday, July 8, 2013

Worn Out

Drew is back to work today after a full week at home with us.  Perhaps I should be refreshed, but instead I feel worn out.  What a full week we had! 

On Saturday we wound up working.  I don’t really want to tell you about my project until it is done, but I will tell you that I spent a good deal of the afternoon sanding.  Holding on to and controlling a belt sander requires some muscle!  Add to that all the squatting and bending down and I am really quite sore.  FYI, you can add those things to the list of ways to be active that do not require a gym membership! 

I know that Drew knew how tired I was and when I woke up this morning I found this…

july82013 001

In case you can’t enlarge the photo to read it, it says, “I left you a little present in the front of the milk for your workout today.  I hope you have a great day!  Love, Drew” 

I went straight to the fridge to find my surprise…

july82013 002

Fiji water!  I love it! The first time I had it was several years ago at the beach, and it either is really special water or my mind just thinks it is.  Either way, it’s a treat.  Hey fellas, if you feel like you don’t know how to make your sweetie feel special… something as small as this is how to do it.  It’s thoughtful and unexpected and made me feel loved.  It’s something I love (Fiji water), for something I love (the gym), from someone I love (Drew).  Brownie points for my husband! 

Yesterday… we went to church!  Yep, the three of us went to church.  I think I shared with you all about a month ago about when Drew and I asked Alex if she would like to go to church and she cried and said no.  This happened numerous times as we tried to warm her back up to the idea.  Then, we went to the Naturals baseball last Sunday evening and ran into several people from church.  Alex has never not known the Nelson’s, so seeing them was like seeing family.  Heath asked Alex if she was going to come to church soon and apparently that was all she needed.  She used her computer to talk about it later in the week and Drew and I just went with it.  (I would like to think that taking her to church for the first 9 years of her life laid some sort of foundation!) She was so excited to go on Sunday morning and did really great through the entire service.  She shared lots of smiles, handshakes and hugs.  She even waved her arms and tried to sing with the hymns.  It was really great to see her feeling comfortable there again and so very nice to have my family in worship together.  I really loved seeing so many people that I haven’t seen in months and to finally meet the new pastor face to face.  I’ve spoken with him and we have emailed over the last year, but we had yet to actually run into each other.  I’m going to be completely honest and say that even though we hadn’t been to a Sunday morning service in 12 months, it really felt normal to be there.  One of the first things that Alex said to me this morning when I laid her by her computer was, “Go to church.”  It makes my heart happy and I’m hoping that she stays healthy and comfortable enough for us to attend services for the next couple of months… before cold/flu season arrives in October, when we will have to go back to being extra cautious. 

After church there was a potluck, so we stayed to eat and visit.  Then… Sasha’s baby shower!  I’m so glad that we were able to shower her with attention and gifts for the soon to arrive baby boy.  He has been named Payson Ryan and is due to arrive at the end of August.  Mom made a beautiful cake and Misty brought tons of food & made an awesome diaper cake.  Sasha looked beautiful and I think everyone had a nice time. 

july72013 007

Hey Casey, you have two very pretty girls here! 

july72013 011

Tessa & Kayla

july72013 020

Opening presents

july72013 025

july72013 032

I think I am going to start an album of Kayla and all the ways she refuses to let me take her photo!  Even so, how beautiful is this little girl?! 

july72013 033

Me, Sasha & Misty

july72013 035

With our big girls

july72013 039

Sasha, Keysha & Tessa

july72013 041

Mom, Tessa & Sasha

july72013 044

Me & Christin

july72013 045

Christin & Alex

july72013 037

Tessa was standing beside Alex’s chair.  Alex would held her hand out and Tessa grabbed it.  They just stood there together, holding hands and melting my heart. 

july72013 048

The shower was great and Sasha got some really nice things for baby Payson.  Alex was super worn out and, if I’m telling the truth, so was I.  Heck, I’m still worn out! 

No comments: