"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Monday, August 5, 2013

New week

Kendra stopped by the house with surprises for Alex on Friday afternoon.  Clothes from Justice! 

photo (4)

Drew made it home late Friday night and the three of us had a nice weekend at home. 

Alex got a package from Big Pam on Saturday and she and Drew worked on making these little critters.  Fuzzoodles, I think? 

photo (7)

photo (6) 

photo (5)

I had to go to the store on Saturday (oh, the tax-free weekend horror!) and found a treat for Alex on the clearance aisle.  Race Car Barbie, who we are calling NASCAR Barbie.  Here they are, getting ready to watch the race with Daddy. 

photo (8) 

On Saturday I made my very first loaves of homemade bread.  Oh my goodness, so very yummy!  I felt so proud that I just had to take a photo. 

photo (10)

FYI, it’s Amish White Bread and you can find the recipe on allrecipes.com 

Alex so rarely relaxes that when she melted into me before bed, I just had to take a picture of her sweet face.  Sleepy girl. 

photo (9)

We really needed this weekend to just relax and be home together.  I knew our relaxing weekend was officially over when Drew’s alarm went off a million annoying times this morning! 

I mentioned that I emailed Alex’s neurologist last week and got an out of office reply.  Well, he called me anyway, from his family vacation.  I felt awful, but I don’t think he thought anything of it.  He told me to add an extra dose of one of her medications and see if that helped.  I’ve given it for a few days and really don’t see much improvement.  She’s just so uncomfortable.  I just emailed him again (knowing that he’s back in the office today) and I’m sure he will call me later to discuss.  All things considered, I guess we can assume that this is a period of decline.  I would say that things started gradually getting worse in the first week of July and has gotten a bit worse in the last two weeks.  There’s no telling how long it will last or how severe it will be.  All we can do is take it one day at a time and try to keep Alex comfortable. 

No comments: