"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tuesday

Alex seems more like herself this morning.  Nothing solved, of course, but not quite so stressed.  I do think that the hype of the HLT party on the 10th and then taking her to Bentonville for lunch on the 13th (all during a PKAN decline) was just too much for her body to handle.  Believe me, when your body has to work as hard as Alex’s does then anything above the necessary is just too much.  I’m grateful that she’s readjusting and acting more like herself (wanting to play games and flip television channels).  This morning, after her first feeding and medications, I asked her if she wanted me to hold her.  She said no.  I was pleasantly surprised by that and also a bit thankful for a chance to relax, considering that she woke up at 6:42am when Drew left for work and I wasn’t quite awake myself! 

There’s not much else going on here.  The pool is almost drained (about a foot of water left) and Drew & I spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to get Foose to play in it last night.  He’s a lab, so we just assumed that he would be all too willing to jump right in.  He would have had to jump over and into the water and he just wouldn’t do it… even with the lure of fetching the tennis ball.  Crazy dog.  For the record, Mac (the Shih Tzu) almost got in once.  That would have been interesting.  He’s so furry that he most surely would have sunk and required rescuing. 

Sasha is due any day now.  Her official due date is the 22nd… this Thursday!  The doctor has already said that she won’t let her go past the 28th.  I’m putting in my bets now… tomorrow is a full moon and I know from my time working at the hospital in college that strange things happen during a full moon.  So… I’m predicting that labor starts tomorrow night and that baby Payson will be here on the 22nd.  One thing that I do know for absolute certain… Payson will arrive when he is good and ready and not a moment sooner! 

No comments: