"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Monday, September 9, 2013

Lazy

Yesterday was the laziest day on record in quite some time.  We literally did nothing all day long.  Thanks to the high heat and no rain, the yard didn’t even really need to be mowed.  Drew, Alex and I laid around the house all day long.  For a good chunk of the afternoon we watched a show about tree houses.  I’m not talking about shabby forts built by little kids… I’m talking about awesome, massive tree houses for kids and grown ups.  I’m only slightly worried to ever leave Drew home alone for any period of time, lest I come home and find a tree house between our two big trees in the front yard.  Worse than that, we have some friends from high school who actually own a business building tree houses, so Drew could call for back up.  FYI, you should check out their web site, they are awesome. www.naturalstatetreehouses.com

On Saturday evening we had a house full of Hog fans.  I tried to take a few photos, but I didn’t have the best success.  You will have to accept these snap shots as proof.

As is typical, Alex refused to smile for any photos and spent more time covering her face from the camera.  This is the only photo where she wasn’t successful.  Alex & Robert

august2013 017

Jessica & Big Alex

august2013 016

JR, wearing his hog hat backwards.

august2013 019

And with his Daddy…

august2013 020

And a selfie with my less than willing husband

august2013 018

The Hogs pulled off the win, but it wasn’t pretty. 

A few other photos from my camera that I haven’t shared… Nonnie & Alex

august2013 001

Drew & Alex

august2013 005

august2013 003

FYI, this is why you can’t just carry her around the house anymore.  These were taken as Drew was carrying her from the couch to her spot on the floor.  Twisty girl. 

This Friday we will take Alex to KC for a check up with neurology.  We are going now so we will not have her in the hospital or clinic once cold & flu season hits.  Barring any unforeseen issues, we will not take her back until next April.  I really can’t say how the trip will go, but we will do what we need to.  I’m a bit bummed that we probably won’t meet with Pam for lunch, but Alex just can’t sit in her stroller for any length of time any more.  I’m not even sure how the car seat will go.  I’ve always been a stickler for being buckled up while the car is moving, but if I have to sit in the back seat and hold her while Drew drives then that is just what we will have to do.  I mean, take a look at the photos above and then try to imagine how she could sit up in a car seat for any period of time.  We shall see. 

It’s been quite hot here for the last few weeks.  Strangely enough, I’m ready for some cooler fall weather.  If the weather man is right then we may drop to highs of 80 degrees by the end of the week and I welcome that.  The ragweed and fall allergies… not so much. 

1 comment:

Kate Hart said...

Hey, thanks for the mention! <3 Fingers crossed for your trip to Kansas City -- we'll be thinking of you.