"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Monday, December 16, 2013

Busy Busy

What a busy weekend we had!  It was busy, but it was good. 

On Saturday morning I went shopping with Cheryl to purchase Christmas gifts for all the little ones at the special needs preschool.  We had such a great time and bought more than 80 gifts and 12 roles of wrapping paper.  Cheryl had a list of the kiddos names and had checked with their teachers to get suggestions on the things they love and/or want.  It was really wonderful to pick out gifts specific for each child.  Happy Like This footed the bill this year.  HLT won’t exist next year, but I guarantee that I will make sure that we are able to do this again next year.  Drew and I will contribute and I will likely reach out to many of you to help make that possible. 

After we delivered and organized the gifts for wrapping, we went to lunch.  We went to 28 Springs, here in Siloam, and had such a great time visiting and enjoying a grown up meal at such a fun place. 

On Saturday afternoon the videos for Alex’s birthday project started rolling in and they are amazing!  We wound up pulling out the video camera and shooting a bit of our own video with Alex.  With so much to work with, Drew decided that he better get started putting it together.  Oh what fun we had!  I will say this, after hours and hours of listening to “Roar”, my brain was hurting.  I literally had trouble falling asleep because my brain was still singing the lyrics and dancing! 

I went grocery shopping on Sunday morning… an necessary evil with only days left until Christmas.  Our kitchen faucet has been leaking and it had finally progressed to the point of no return, so I picked out what I thought would work.  I got the wrong one, no surprise.  That means I had to make another trip to the store, but once I entered the Wal-mart parking lot I quickly decided that nothing was worth that crowd.  Instead I went to Lowe’s and picked out a different one that I liked better.  The other one will just have to be returned later.  So… we changed the faucet.  No surprise, Drew did 99% of the work, but I helped where I could.  Drew has declared that he is, in no way, interested in becoming a plumber.  Ever.  Long story short, we have a new faucet and it’s awesome. 

dec162013 004

I was feeling bad for the dogs, having been outside all day while we worked on the sink, so I let them in.  I immediately regretted that.  Consider this as just another piece of evidence on why snow sucks… it melts and its a nasty mess. 

dec162013 001

Yep, they tracked mud from the back door, through the dining room and into the living room, where Foose left these paw prints on Alex’s blanket.  The dogs went back out, where I felt bad for making them stay all night long.  They are dogs and it isn’t cold, so I know it’s fine.  This week the highs are forecasted in the low 60’s.  What’s that about?  Don’t worry, this weekend could have more wintery mess.  Oh joy. 

I did make it to the gym yesterday afternoon and I am so close (but seemingly so far away) from my 200 mile goal for 2013.  I’m at 192.14 miles and I’m hoping to close out the 200 by the end of this week.  It’s interesting to look back over my miles from this year.  There is definitely a correlation between my running time/miles and Alex’s health over the last 12 months.  When she was struggling I had fewer miles.  When she was feeling good, I logged way more time at the gym. 

Now that I’ve brought up Alex… she has had a couple of pretty good days.  Mornings are still more difficult than later in the day, but it is so much better than it was.  She seems to be tolerating the increased medications pretty well and hasn’t been too drowsy or out of it.  Thank you all for keeping her in your prayers, as I am certain God is hearing them.  One day at a time, one moment at a time. 

No comments: