"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Monday, December 2, 2013

Monday

Can you believe that I have nothing exciting to report today?  It’s true.  In the absence of something fun to write about, I will just blabber. 

I’ve started a new quilt.  I’ve had it brewing in my mind for a while and finally used my Hobby Lobby coupon to buy the supplies last week.  It will be a GIANT quilt for our bed.  You see, I’m a cover hog.  I move around a lot and often wind up with more than my share of the covers, leaving Drew fighting for a corner of the blanket.  So, this quilt will be oversized.  The goal is to make it so large that it hangs well over the sides of the bed.  Traditional quilt measurements will not apply to this project.  In addition to the size, it is going to be ridiculously cute.  Given the size the the project and my preference for doing everything by hand, it could take a while. 

Alex’s Christmas countdown chain is getting shorter.  Every morning we take another link off and she plays with it for a while before losing interest.  As I said before, the last two links on the chain are purple, since her birthday is two days after Christmas. 

Speaking of her birthday… I was beginning to think that no one was interested in making a fool of themselves in the name of birthday fun for Alex.  Mom even tried to make us do it as a family on Thanksgiving and I declined.  Well, I was wrong.  I found out that my family who gathered in OKC for Thanksgiving took the time to make a video.  So… the challenge is still on.  Make your own video to Katy Perry’s “Roar” and send it to me.  adh957@yahoo.com  Drew will put it all together and Alex will have her own video full of the people who love her.  Her 11th birthday is December 27th and we are asking that you send your video by December 14th so that Drew has time to put it together.  Go! 

Arkansas weather is staying true to its nature this week… all over the place.  Today and tomorrow are predicted to reach high 60’s, but by Thursday and Friday they are talking strong possibilities of ice and/or snow.  I don’t know if it will amount to anything, but it will surely be cold.  If I close my eyes, I can almost smell the salt air and feel the sunshine on my face.  Oh beach, you would be lovely right about now.  Or any time.  Yes, you would be lovely absolutely any time. 

I can’t blabber without mentioning The Walking Dead.  Last night was the mid season finale and it was a good one.  If you don’t watch this show, what are you waiting for?!  So good!  Now I have to live without a weekly dose of the zombie apocalypse until February.  Now THAT is scary. 

In other zombie news… Drew says he’s going to get a huge zombie poster and put it on the wall behind/beside my elliptical to encourage me to move faster.  He’s so thoughtful. 

No comments: