"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Monday, December 9, 2013

Rough Morning

It’s a rough morning around here.  I didn’t sleep worth a flip last night and Alex struggling this morning.  I’ve emailed Dr. LePichon (neurologist) and hopefully we can increase some medication to make our mornings a bit more bearable. 

Drew has gone to Bentonville to work today and, per my request, sent me a text when he got there safely.  He says the roads were no problem, but I’m guessing he was sugar coating it a little.  He tends to do that, bless his heart.  He gets out, comes home and tells me that it really isn’t THAT bad and then, when I mention maybe getting out, he reveals what the roads are really like.  Whatever the truth is about the roads, I’m glad he got there safely.  He did take my Tahoe today, instead of his truck.  He felt like the extra weight in the back would be better on these nasty roads.  My response?  “Are you saying I have a heavy rear end?  That I have more junk in my trunk?”  Ha-ha.  From the sound of dripping outside, I’m hoping that some things are melting and the roads will clear a bit.  I haven’t been out of the house since last Wednesday.  Boo. 

Well, as I was typing that I saw an SUV pass the house and they were sliding a little bit as they came around the corner.  I guess that answers my question of how bad the roads really are. 

While I’m on the subject, I have to make a shout out to my fellow stay-at-home parents and home schooling parents.  We are no strangers to being home a lot, but I’m guessing that I’m not the only one who thinks that these icy/snowy conditions are getting old.  I’d like to say it’s almost over, but the truth is that it’s the beginning of December and we have at least 3 more months of this stuff. 

I have to give Drew some props.  He handled my less than perky mood quite well over the last 4 days.  Miraculously well, in fact.  I’m just not a cold weather kind of gal.  It depresses me and I tend to wear nothing but sweat pants 24/7.  I’ve also got a bit of head cold or sinus junk (I’m not really sure which one) going on, so I don’t feel great physically.  You know, the kind of thing that leaves you not feeling well, but not really sick?  Just feeling woozy and yucky.  Also, when you feel woozy just standing still, getting on the elliptical would be a poor choice.  I’m hoping to give it a go (once Alex is feeling better) to give myself a good dose of endorphins.  Schools were cancelled again today, so Alex won’t have therapy this afternoon.  It won’t really make us any difference if school is cancelled again tomorrow, because Alex doesn’t have therapy on Tuesdays anyway. 

Just to look on the bright side… the gross feeling in my head (and also my dragon breath) affects my appetite, so I’m not eating myself into an ice covered oblivion. 

Not to keep peeing in the Cheerios, but… well… this one literally has to do with pee.  Dog pee.  Dog pee on the Christmas tree skirt… and one present.  Perfect.  The tree skirt has now been removed for washing (because I really needed more laundry to do), the one present affected will have to be rewrapped and the underside of the tree will likely stay naked until Christmas eve night.  If I was at all worried about my decorations this year then I might be really stressed about it.  Since I’m not, I’m just trying to be patient with the dogs.  I suppose that if I had to wade through 7 inches of snow to go potty then I might consider peeing in the house, too.  And… if peeing in the house was the decision that had to be made, what better place than a strange fake tree in the dining room?  At least it’s on tile and not the carpet. 

No comments: