"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Sleepy Head

It’s 9:30 and Alex is still asleep.  We’ve gotten into the habit of giving her last feeding around 7:30 or 8pm, so she isn’t asleep and in bed until 8:30 or 9 these days.  It’s quite normal, and always has been, for her to sleep 12-14 hours a night.  She doesn’t nap during the day.  EVER.  So, she’s still asleep and the dogs got me up about an hour ago.  I guess I could have gone back to bed while I had the chance, but we all know that the moment I get comfortable is the moment that Alex will wake up. 

As for myself, I haven’t slept well the last two nights.  My body is comfortable, but my head won’t shut off.  I lay there thinking about random things and even when I’m asleep I’m still thinking about them… however that happens.  There’s also this lovely (awful) thing that is coming with my 30’s, and that is having to get up and pee during the night.  Few things are more annoying that being snuggled up comfortably in your new bed and waking up at 2:30am with a bladder that says you absolutely must get up and visit the cold bathroom.  Yes, I know, too much information.  It’s my blog, I’ll over share if I want to :)  I probably wouldn’t share so much, but I am absolutely certain that I’m not the only one. 

Alex wasn’t supposed to have speech therapy until tomorrow afternoon, but with the nasty weather coming (the weather men have actually said 100% chance, which never happens) we have moved it to today.  I’m trying to rein in my joy over this, but it’s just seeping out.  I didn’t think I would get a chance to leave the house today and knowing that I will is just delightful.  I won’t make it to the gym because I have errands to run, but that’s okay.  Since Drew & I have decided that Santa will not be bringing an iPad, he has more money to make sure another child has a great Christmas.  I prefer to work with a local organization that supports foster families, so we have adopted a teenage girl (her Christmas list, anyway) and she will receive the things on her Christmas list this year.  That has to be turned in by next Wednesday, so I’m going to purchase those things today and drop them in the mail so that my contact can deliver them on time.  I’m really quite excited to have the ability to do this for another.  I mean, Santa is very excited to make sure all the children on his list are provided a happy Christmas morning. 

Looks like this winter weather will be quite wide spread across parts of the country, so, no matter where you are, be safe. 

No comments: