"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Sunday 12/29 7:15pm

Alex is doing about the same.  She has been consistently in a deep sleep since 1:45pm yesterday.  That’s almost 30 hours now.  We are continuing the medication schedule and she is staying comfortable.  I have cleaned her mouth out a couple of times and she did finally have a wet diaper after more than 12 hours of being dry.  I’m continuing to give small amount of fluids regularly, but no formula.  Honestly, I feel like her body doesn’t need it anymore.  Her breathing and oxygen is staying about the same as it has been.  She is comfortable, fits perfectly into my arms and we have spent much time cuddled on the couch.  I really can’t say how long this will go on, as only God knows that.  What I do know is that I am so grateful that Drew is home and that we are here together with Alex.  God is good.  He is answering our prayers for Alex’s comfort and peace in our hearts. 

2 comments:

francis said...

so thankful you have this special time with her! Continue to keep you each in my prayers. God is good at taking care of his children.....there is a song I like... I think it is called Jesus' Rocking Chair, and it has a chorus that says "Jesus is the best father a child could have".
Love each of you! Francis Atkisson

Kourtney C. said...

We are all praying for these precious moments to be peaceful and comfortable. Dad, Kyle and I are praying for all of you. I love that sweet girl!

With love,
Kourtney Cooksey