"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Sunday 12/29 9:20am

Alex has been asleep since 1:45pm yesterday afternoon.  Drew and I are grateful that she is resting comfortably.  Her breathing has relaxed since yesterday evening and doesn’t seem quite so labored.  I don’t know exactly what that means except that she isn’t struggling and that is good.  Other than continuing scheduled medications to keep her comfortable and giving fluids periodically, we are just spending time with our sweet girl. 

As I sit and hold her, I am running my fingers through her hair and snuggling her close.  As much as I am enjoying those moments, I really keep expecting her to swat my hand away like she normally would… with a little bit of sass and a quiet look that says, “Mom, really?  Leave my hair alone!”  She’s enough like her momma that she doesn’t usually like to be petted, so I am cherishing these moments to really soak her in. 

Many thanks to everyone who has sent kind words and for all the prayer warriors who are lifting us up to God right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and your sweet Alex.

Marsha Stellmon