"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Too Silly?

Have you ever had something on your heart or in your head that you were sure was just too silly to pray about?  Did you think, “Oh, that’s too ridiculous to pray about.  God has better things to do.”  Well, maybe you should reconsider.  Does God ever think, “Seriously?  You’re asking me about THAT?”  Maybe he does, I don’t know.  I do believe that if what you are lifting up to Him is heartfelt, that He isn’t going to just write you off for being a silly human.  He already knows exactly who you are. 

Where am I going with this?  Remember the end of yesterday’s post and what I asked you to specifically pray for?  I don’t know if you did, but I surely did and He answered.  If I can pray for my child to poop, I’m pretty sure you can pray about whatever it is that’s going on (or not going on) in your own life.  What’s the worst He can say?  No?  Just Wait?  Not right now? 

Confession.  I didn’t go to the gym yesterday.  I decided to do my own thing during Alex’s one hour of therapy.  By the way, I think it’s okay to do that sometimes.  I won’t have a chance to get to the gym today, but I will make time for 30 minutes on the elliptical if I can get Alex to hang out with me and watch a movie while I sweat.  I’m not worried about getting those last few miles, it will happen. 

Alex is getting excited for Christmas.  Only 6 days.  She’s equally excited that her 11th birthday is only 2 days after Jesus’ birthday. 

The only thing I have left to do before Christmas Eve is shop for groceries.  I’ll start by making a list and probably check it twice, because the last thing I want is to make a big shopping trip, return home to find I forgot something important and have to go back. 

Northwest Arkansas isn’t anticipating any winter weather for Christmas, but we are under some sort of flash flood watch for tomorrow.  A couple of inches of rain?  That should make for two things around me house… little dogs that don’t want to go out to do their business and one big dog who thinks that the rain and puddles are there for his frolicking enjoyment.  I prefer sunshine, but I’m okay with the rain since Drew will be working from home.  I’ll have my family together at home, ornery dogs and all, and that is pretty much all I could ask for on any sort of day. 

No comments: