"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Friday, December 20, 2013

Up and At Em’

I woke up to Alex’s making sweet noises about 6 this morning.  I usually know she is awake because I can hear her moving or breathing differently, but this morning she was making vocal noises.  For some reason, that was a sweet way to wake up.  If I had to name a ‘typical’ time for her to wake up, I’d say about 9am, but that’s not a given.  She’s sort of all over the place with her wake up times and we just go with it. 

Foose is still in love with his plush snow ball.  Yesterday he was playing with it and then would bring it to Alex, lay it down beside her and lay patiently.  Bless his heart, he really wanted her to play fetch. 

dec202013 002

I should also mention that he has managed to pull some of the stuffing out of that snow ball.  I’ve thrown that part away, but he is still playing with the shell of it. 

John came for a visit last night and Drew made him dance for Alex’s video.  I told him that we would post the final video on YouTube for everyone to see and he is now prepared to be an internet sensation.  My family will be shooting clips on Christmas Eve and then Drew will work super hard to get everything put together for Alex to watch on the morning of the 27th for her 11th birthday.  If anyone else has a clip they would like to send, Christmas Eve is the hard deadline. 

Since Alex was up before the sun, we spent a while watching the news.  GMA said that tomorrow is predicted to be the biggest shopping day of the year, aside from Black Friday.  Um, I am NOT going to do my final grocery shopping tomorrow!  I seriously considered going to the store now since Drew is working from home, but the pharmacy doesn’t open until 9am and I have to get Alex’s prescriptions.  

I’m guessing that there will be many of you travelling this weekend and throughout next week.  Be safe, wherever you are going.  Given Alex’s health, we will be staying home and our families are coming to us.  No doubt, I will post again before Christmas arrives, but just in case… May you all have a blessed Christmas with your loved ones. 

No comments: