"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Wednesday?

I think it’s Wednesday.  That would make it December 11th and that means that Christmas is exactly two weeks from today.  How did that happen?  You would think I would have a better grip on the timeline, considering that I helped Alex make a countdown chain and take a link off every day.  Still, I feel a bit taken aback by the realization.

Alex slept until her typical 9:30am this morning.  I was thankful to get that much extra sleep, but the later she sleeps the harder the first few hours of the day seem to be.  I can only assume that that is because her body has gone that much longer without any sort of medication.  We’re making it, though. 

Alex’s 11th birthday video reminder:

If Christmas is 14 days away, that means that Alex’s birthday is 16 days away.  We have one video already and I know that several of you have intentions.  If your clip is small (or on your phone) then you can send it as a phone message or e mail.  Adh957@yahoo.com  For larger videos, I have taken a suggestion to set up a Drop Box account.  I’ve never used it, but the account is free and all set up and ready to go.  For those that don’t know, it’s a place to store and/or share files, photos or videos.  my Drop Box account is the same as my e mail, so feel free to use that if needed.  I had originally asked that everything be in by this Friday, but I’m sure we can wait a bit longer to get as many videos as possible.  If you are working on it and need more time, then please just let me know so we can wait for you!  Thank you to everyone who is participating to make a very cool gift for Alex’s birthday. 

For those that don’t know what I’m talking about, we intend to put together our very own video to Katy Perry’s “Roar” and present it to Alex on her birthday on December 27th.  I suggest that you go to YouTube and search “Children’s Hospital Roar” for a great example of what we are talking about.  It will also give you something to listen to while you are making your own clips.  Use your phone or a video camera to make your video and send it my way soon! 

Okay, Alex needs me and hopefully I can help her relax a bit.  Love you to all. 

No comments: