"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Monday, January 13, 2014

Okay

I probably should have sat down to post earlier today, as I know everyone is wondering how I’m doing on my first day alone.  The short answer is, I’m doing okay.  Not awesome, but not pitiful either.  Of course, you all know me well enough to know that I almost always go for the long answer.  So, here it is…

I could feel myself getting a little bit anxious last night, in anticipation of Drew going back to his normal work routine today.  I slept very little last night because my brain just wouldn’t stop.  I knew it was stress related because my entire body was itchy and when I would fall asleep I would wake up completely sweaty.  That has happened many times in the past and is definitely stress related.  I did lay back down after Drew left for work and slept for 3 hours.  As for my day, I ran a few errands and went to the gym.  I watched a documentary on Netflix called “Hungry for Change” and felt fairly convinced that I needed to abandon all processed food and then purchase a juicer so that I can consume as many organic fruits and veggies as humanly possible.  Okay, fine, I also ate half a sleeve of Ritz crackers and drank a glass of sweet tea while I pondered it all.  I just put Alex’s shower chair in the tub, sprayed it down and scrubbed it so that we can pass it on to another child who needs it. 

I have a list of things that need to be done at some point this week, as well as a list of things that could be done if I was so inclined.  Drew will be home in a couple of hours and tomorrow will be another day. 

2 comments:

Pam said...

Mandy, I also found your blog through Kelly's blog and have read back through most of your archives. You and Drew are an inspiration - praying for you in the weeks ahead. ~

Tsuds said...

Thinking of you in the next steps you take.