"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Friday, January 24, 2014

This & That

The “this” portion of the post will be about my lovely morning with friends and the “that” portion will be a rant.  Get ready. 

First, I had a nice morning with Drew before he left for work.  When he left I got myself dressed and met Cheryl for coffee downtown.  It’ was so nice to visit and relax with my friend.  When I left there I went to return some library books and check out a few more.  That’s when I got a call from Heidi, who was in the midst of a frozen pipe situation.  (This 4 degree weather is such bummer.)  I had the extreme pleasure of hanging out with Miss Sophie while Heidi crawled her pretty little self under the house. 

Now, for the rant… On Wednesday I fought with a sinus pressure headache all day.  Yesterday I dug a Claritin D out of the medicine cabinet and felt MUCH better.  We have 2 pills left, so I thought I’d see if I could purchase some more.  Technically, Claritin D is an Over The Counter medication.  The problem?  You need a prescription to purchase this OTC med.  I already knew (from 6+ months ago) that Walgreens won’t sell it unless you fill other prescriptions with them and Wal-Mart won’t sell it at all without a prescription.  I decided to try Jepson, the local drugstore, and was told that I had to have a prescription.  There was one more place to try in Siloam, so I went to Harps.  They will sell it with an AR driver’s license, paper work and a blood pressure check, but they were out.  She suggested I just call my PCP and get a prescription.  Well, that would be lovely, but it’s been a year since I’ve been, so I know that I would need an office visit.  Our insurance is a high deductible plan, which means I would have to pay in full for the visit.   It’s so frustrating and, while I understand that that there are individuals who abuse and misuse the med, I’m not one of them.  I feel like a criminal just asking if I can buy it.  I don’t like the looks I get.  If anyone thinks that I’m the kind of gal who would use a decongestant to make meth then they are vastly underestimating my morals and vastly overestimating my chemistry knowledge & lab skills.  So, I came home empty handed.  Here’s hoping that I won’t have such headaches that would require a doctor visit and prescription. 

To end on a high note, I just got a message from my brother and I have a lunch date in a bit.  I’m feeling a little spoiled by all this free time and attention :) 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can buy meth easier than Claritin D. What a joke. I feel your pain, I take Allegra D.

Robert