"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Monday, February 10, 2014

Confession

I feel like I need to make a confession.  Apparently last night was a big television celebration over the Beatles.  Here’s my confession.  I don’t really care.  I started to tell Drew that this made me feel un-American, but then I realized how silly that was.  They were British y’all.  I think they are/were okay, but I’m not in love.  There it is.  I’ve outed myself.  I’m not a Beatles fan. 

A couple of months ago Drew and I started talking about selling my Tahoe and getting a car.  The holidays and everything with Alex put that on hold, but now we are back to the conversation.  The plan then was to get Drew a car to drive back and forth to work and I would drive the truck, since I could still haul Alex’s stroller and get her in the truck if necessary.  The long hypothetical thought for when it was just the two of us was that we would get a different car for me.  The Tahoe has been great for our family and all of our needs for the last few years, but that has passed.  So now, what do we do?  The plan that was hypothetical, but now the hypothetical is the reality.  Dang.  The Tahoe has a squeak that we are getting fixed soon, but once that is done we have someone interested in buying it.  That means that we may be car shopping in the next couple of weeks.  Change, in whatever form, is both exciting and stressful. 

No comments: