"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Meany

Anyone want to guess what time it is?  Yep, I was up at 4am again.  I don’t know why, my body just wakes up about that time every day.  I really didn’t ever expect that there would come a day when this would be my routine and that I would be okay with it. 

I stayed so busy this week.  On Wednesday I helped Cheryl paint her bedroom so her new carpet could be installed the next day.  I had a great time and her bedroom looks beautiful. 

On Thursday I took a tub of Alex’s clothes to the Rhea Lana’s consignment sale.  That was tough.  It wasn’t really hard to get rid of her clothes, it was just hard to see such a massive space filled with people and stuff.  Lots and lots of stuff.  Tons of stuff.  I’ve shopped at this consignment sale for several years and gotten lots of good deals on things that our girls needed, but this time it just seemed absurd and terribly excessive.  I held the polite conversations with others around me, answering their small talk questions about my children.  For the record, I decided to answer all questions in the present tense and leave out any talk of death.  It’s not really the kind of thing that you chit chat about with strangers at a children’s consignment sale.  So, why would I put myself through this instead of just giving away that pile of of Justice clothes?  Because I decided that I'd rather have the money from those things and take Kayla on a date and buy her something she would like.  That’s way more fun than a bag of someone else’s clothes.  So, Kayla, get ready for a date with Aunt Mandy. 

After I dropped off all that stuff, I went to Missouri to hang out with Tessa & Payson.  I had lots of fun hanging with the kids while Casey worked and Sasha got out of the house for a couple of hours.  Payson still isn’t feeling very good (a cold turned ear infection and bronchitis), but he was so sweet and loveable.  Tessa, on the other hand, was feeling healthy and spunky.  Oh, that girl!  I wanted to snap a picture with her, but she quickly commandeered my phone to take selfies.  She loved that she could see herself on the screen and knew exactly what button to push to keep taking pics. 

IMG_1959

IMG_1960

IMG_1965

IMG_1968

IMG_1971

IMG_1974

And this sweet boy on his 6 month birthday…

IMG_2002

I’m getting a little better at understanding Tessa Talk and she is saying new words more often now.  I swear I’ve been trying to get her to say Mandy since she was born.  In the last couple of months she has come close to saying it, but it also sounds a lot like Mama, Mimi (her grandma) and MoMo (her dog Cosmo)… so I couldn’t really know for sure that she was ever saying my name.  Last week she started calling me Meany.  At first I was offended, but then I realized that she doesn’t even know what meany means… she was saying Mandy!  Wahoo!  How cute is Meany?  I’m completely cool with being Aunt Meany.  Sasha said she’s said it multiple times when they were talking about me and she’s said it to me also (though she won’t do it on command!).  Meany.  I can work with that :)  Wait, is it meany or meanie?  Whatever, you get what I’m saying, right?   

No comments: