"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Nine

I haven’t written in almost a week.  That never happens! 

I got home about 9 last night after a road trip with my dad to attend the funeral of one of his long time friends.  Of course, I wish we hadn’t had that reason, but I really enjoyed spending that time with my dad.  When I got home last night Drew said, “You didn’t talk his ear off the whole time, did you?”  My response, “Of course I did.”  In fact, my voice is a little hoarse from talking so much!  Dad might have been happy to drop me off last night and have a few minutes of silence :) 

As for Drew, he survived without me at home for a little while.  It’s almost silly how happy I am that he misses me so much when I’m away. 

Me:  How many times did you eat fast food while I was gone? 

Drew: Um… three. 

Me: Did you eat anything other than fast food? 

Drew: M&Ms. 

I guess I better feed my guy something real for dinner tonight! 

Today would have been Emma’s 9th birthday.  It’s so very strange to think that she was barely 7 when she died.  She came into the world 9 years ago and only when she was good and ready.  In true Emma style, once she was ready she wasted no time.  She lived her entire life like that… at full speed.  I will not spend any time or energy speculating on who she would have been today, because who she was for 7 years was just too awesome to overlook.  She was a firecracker with a strong will and she brought much spice to our life.  Happy birthday to my sassy little girl Emma. 

At 2 1/2 years old

emma2008

emma2008b

No comments: