"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Friday, March 7, 2014

Stripping

Today I’m feeling much better and its a good thing because I have a hair appointment.  I wasn’t about to miss this!  Several weeks ago I made this appointment for Kendra to fix my hair color.  I’ve been doing it on my own for a year.  I know better than to color my own hair, but I did it anyway.  Taking care of Alex just didn’t allow for 2 or 3 hours at the salon every couple of months, so I colored my own hair at home.  That has been disastrous at certain points in history, but has gone okay for the last year.  Here’s the catch… coloring my own hair this dark has left me with these options:

    • Let my roots show and continue to grow (I’m not going to do that)
    • Continue coloring my own hair (I’m not going to do that, either)
    • Let Kendra fix it

So, I talked to Kendra few weeks ago about fixing my hair.  It’s so very dark right now that the only option for anything else is to strip the color and start over.  (Hence the “stripping” title of this post.)  I knew this, but I didn’t know what it would entail.  I had no idea it would take 5-7 hours!  Oh my! 

Sasha was with me that day, so she was here at the house when I told Drew all of this.  Here’s how the conversation at home went. 

Me: I have an appointment on March 7th and Kendra said it’s likely going to take 5-7 hours to fix my hair color.

Drew: Cool.  How much is that going to cost?

Me: I don’t know, but probably around X dollars. 

Drew:  Okay.  Don’t let Kendra short herself, just give her that much anyway. 

Sasha:  Wow, you took that really well! 

It’s true.  Drew takes that sort of news really well.  He’s a good sport and I appreciate being able to spend a full day at the salon and not feel at all stressed over having to explain it to my husband. 

So I’m due at the salon in about an hour and by the end of the day my nearly black hair will be something much lighter and more manageable.  Stay tuned for before and after pictures. 

No comments: