"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Monday, March 3, 2014

stuff

If you chose to watch the Oscars over The Walking Dead last night then maybe we just need to end our friendship here.  Okay, I’ll still be your friend, but I do question your judgment. 

It sleeted and snowed here all day yesterday.  In fact, it sleeted and thundered.  At the same time.  It was really cool and I actually enjoyed it.  The roads are covered in ice and I have kindly requested that Drew not try to make the 45 minute drive to Bentonville to work today.  He’s agreed to work from home today and I’ll have a better day knowing he’s not out on the roads. 

With any luck, this is our last winter storm.  Crossing my fingers… holding my breath… knocking on wood.  Come on spring!  Saturday afternoon was 60 degrees and right now it is 3 degrees.  By the end of the week we are expected to be back near 60.  My sinuses don’t appreciate the swings… not even a little bit. 

Drew and I bought new bathroom towels a couple of weeks ago.   (Because the white towels that we got several Christmases ago are not so white anymore and bleach can only do so much in a home with husbands, dogs and little girls.) The new ones are gray and are so pretty and fluffy… and full of lint.  They’ve been washed and dried twice and still left lint all over my body when I got out of the shower yesterday.  Also, the lint trap on the dryer was FULL.  More than full.  More than one lint screen can be held responsible for.  The first time I washed them the trap was so full that the lint actually fell off inside the trap.  I couldn’t get it out and we wound up having to take the back of the dryer off to clean it out.  Drew was a good sport about having to do that (I couldn’t do it by myself), but then I just had to “help”.  I dropped a screw inside the dryer.  Inside.  Through the lint trap opening on the top.  My extreme talent for losing things helped me to drop it in a way that we could not get it out.  Couldn’t.  Tried and tried.  Still couldn’t find it.  Finally decided that it wouldn’t be that big of a deal and just put the rest of the dryer back together (with the help of a replacement screw).  Now the dryer makes a funny noise when I run it and Drew regretfully informed me that we are probably going to have to take it apart again (and even more than before) to find and remove the stray screw.  I was really frustrated with myself and I’m not looking forward to playing hide and seek with this stupid screw.  The moral of this story?  If you get new towels, don’t let the entire dry cycle run before cleaning the lint trap.  Set the timer for 10 minute increments and clean the trap BEFORE it’s so full that it clogs and requires dryer dissection to clean out. 

I guess that’s all the nonsense that I have to share today.  If you are stuck in the yucky weather then please be careful out there! 

No comments: