"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, March 29, 2014

True? True.

Let me give another shout out to a local business that I love. 

www.onceuponatimebooks.com

Once Upon A Time Books is located in Tontitown, about 20 minutes from my house.  They have a huge warehouse of used books and almost all of them are $1.  You can search their online database and order what you want.  If you are local then you can pick up your order, if not then they will ship to you.  I ordered a few books to take to the beach with us, but when I went to pick them up they asked if I had been in the browsing room.  Oh heavens!  Paperbacks are 25 cents and hardbacks are $1 and there are thousands to choose from.  Fiction, non fiction, special interest… so fun!  I had to ask for a box!  So, I’m in reading heaven right now.  I’m currently reading Sorta Like A Rock Star by Matthew Quick and it’s pretty good.  It’s written from the perspective of a teenage girl and quite often she states something and then ends with… True?  True.  So, I will follow her lead. 

This week was rough.  I didn’t make an intentional decision to be bummed around the 2 year anniversary of Emma’s death, but it just happened.  I can’t really explain the ache that I feel inside for my girls.  It’s overpowering.  The term “heart ache” is so overused, but that is really what it is.  My heart literally hurts for my girls.  My insides ache.  It’s almost suffocating.  I would like to say that I hope none of you ever feel that, but I don’t know if that is true.  Of course, I sincerely hope that no one else in the world would ever know the loss of a child (let alone two), but an honest heart ache can come from different things.  Your heart won’t hurt like that without the deepest kind of love for someone.  I do pray for each of you to know a love that deep.  Does it hurt like hell to lose it?  Absolutely, but it’s worth the risk taken to love another human being that intensely.  True?  True. 

Teeth whitening.  Thanks a lot, Pinterest.  I had this great idea to whiten my teeth and thanks to Pinterest I thought that I could do it without buying an expensive kit.  According to this article I could make a paste of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide, put it in an athletic mouth guard and wear it for 20 minutes a day.  So, I bought a 97 cent mouth guard (times 2, since I made Drew do it with me) and mixed up the whitening concoction.  Almost immediately, Drew and I were both laughing so hard that tears were rolling down our cheeks.  I couldn’t completely close my mouth and the hydrogen peroxide was bubbling over and making me gag.  Try spitting with a mouth guard in your mouth… it’s difficult and awkward.  And hilarious.  Hysterical laughing, awkward spitting and trying not to gag.  We lasted about 2 minutes before we had to remove the the guards and call it quits.  It took forever to quit laughing and get that nasty gunk out of our mouths.  Once we calmed down we decided it was worth the money to buy the strips.  Not everything on Pinterest is a good idea.  True?  True. 

One week from tomorrow morning we will be on a plane to West Palm Beach.  Yeehaw!  I’m so excited and ready ready ready.  It’s definitely close enough now that I can start packing.  Sand, sunshine, ocean waves and my handsome husband is the perfect way to celebrate my 34th birthday.  True?  True. 

No comments: