"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Yuck

It’s a head cold, I’m quite sure.  It turns out that Sasha has something similar, so I’m thinking that we both caught Payson’s cold.  I have no fever, I’m just congested and snotty and tired. 

Yesterday I slept a ridiculous amount.  It’s annoying.  While I was awake I got nearly nothing accomplished all day.  Well, I did spend some quality time with Grey’s Anatomy reruns on Netflix.  I’ve watched it started and still enjoy it, but the first three seasons were/are my favorite. 

You know what else?  This is the first time in a very long time that I can just plain old not feel good.  It’s strange.  I don’t feel good, so I’m just doing nothing.  I’m laying around, taking it easy and sleeping as much as I want/need to.  I remember asking my mom, when Alex was an infant, what I would do if I got sick.  She giggled a little bit and said, “Take care of your baby.”  That seemed weird to me.  I mean, if I was really sick, didn’t I get to rest and feel better?  Nope.  That’s not the way it works.  I exclusively breast fed both of my girls.  So what if I was really sick?  How did I feed my baby?  Well, it was quite simple… I fed my baby.  They didn’t put that stuff in the pregnancy and parenting books!  I clearly remember the first time I was really really sick.  Alex was about 9 months old and I was suddenly really sick with a stomach bug.  Mom & Dad were out of town and I remember laying in the hallway outside the bathroom.  I figured that Alex could play in the floor right there and I could still be close to the bathroom.  Eventually I had to call Christin (this was when Drew was in Iraq) when I could no longer handle things myself.  She left work and came to sit with Alex.  They played while I passed out on the couch and Christin woke me up every three or four hours to nurse Alex.  Once I got over the brunt of my tummy bug, Christin went home and I took care of my baby.  You can pretty much extend that over the next 10+ years.  No matter how I felt, I took care of my babies.  It’s called being a mommy.  So, it’s pretty weird to feel a little bit yucky now and have the option of just laying on the couch and watching Grey’s Anatomy. 

Moving on… you may have noticed that the calendar today says March 6.  You may also recall that Drew & I leave for West Palm Beach on April 6.  Oh yeah, that’s right.  We are one month away from a beach vacation!  Yeehaw! 

No comments: