"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, April 24, 2014

10,000 Reasons

There are at least 10,000 reasons why hanging out with Cheryl is a good idea.  We met yesterday morning to walk and by 10am I had 10,000 steps in.  That’s just over 4 miles and I know I wouldn’t have done it by myself (because I haven’t been).  A good walk is way better with a good friend. 

The Lowe’s guys came and installed the correct back door  and then I went out to mow the yard.  I picked up any fallen stuff from the trees, mowed the yard and worked on the front garden bed a bit more.  By 4pm I was worn out and had logged 20,000 steps for the day!  That’s double my daily step goal!  FYI, that’s about 9 miles.  I felt pretty cool when I checked my Fitbit and saw that I had 131 VERY active minutes for the day.  That’s a lot of hard work and it feels good.  This morning my body is feeling it and I’m loving it. 

I’m realizing that, with my new found freedom, I would rather work in the yard than go to the gym.  Especially while the weather is so beautiful, I’d much rather be outside.  I even like getting a bit dirty.  I do miss my girls a lot, especially when I find a worm and there is nobody to be excited about it.  (I tried to get Mac interested in a worm and quickly found that he is afraid of them.  Such a princess.)  My girls would have thought the worms were cool and worth picking up.  Yesterday, while working in the front flower bed, I realized that every time I walked away from the bed that a robin came over to search where I was working.  For some reason I really like this bird, probably because she is interested in the worms crawling through the freshly turned dirt.  I started calling her Momma (assuming that she has a nest of babies somewhere close) and I even step away from the flower bed and take my time just so I can watch her pick for worms.  I’m a dork, but I like that bird. 

No comments: