"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Today!

Today is the day.  Our flight leaves at 7:20, so we decided that we needed to leave the house at 5:30 in order to have enough time to get there, park, etc.  From there we decided that getting up at 4am would give us enough time to have our coffee, wake up, get the last things together and get out the door.  So, why am I awake now?  I’ve been up since 2:30am, but I couldn’t help it.  I was just awake.  I’m like a little kid on Christmas morning :) 

I decided to get my nails done yesterday and now I feel so pretty.  I also am struggling to type or do any other fine motor skills, but I’ll adjust.  It’s been years and years since I’ve had fake nails, so I’m not used to it. 

Here’s an interesting fact… the Asian nail guy that did my nails was less than fluent in English.  He can communicate the basics, but there wasn’t any chit chat going on… at least not with anyone other than his coworkers and in their native language (Vietnamese?).  The interesting part?  He dropped a box of nail tips and his immediate reaction was to say a curse word under his breath.  In English. 

Anyway, my nails look beautiful and I even got a pedicure.  My self tanner stripes are pretty much gone and I’m ready for this trip!  I am not taking a computer with us, so you all will have to live without me for a week.  Oh, but the stories and photos I will have to share when we return! 

2 comments:

Tsuds said...

It amazes (amuses maybe) how quickly my students will pick up the swear words of the language they are studying at school and yet will not be fluent in the rest of the language.

:) I hope you have a wonderful trip :)

Catherine

BethAnn said...

Enjoy the fruits of Drew's hard work and time together. Praying for God's watchcare and restorative love to cover you both. Also LOTS of fun and warm sunshine!! Here's hoping you love the fishing, make new friends, and just 'be'...........