"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Too Much

It would seem that all my activity yesterday was too much.  I slept 7 hours and 45 minutes last night, got up at 5am like normal, blogged, had coffee with Drew and wound up going back to bed before he even left for work.  I set my alarm to be up by 8 so I could go to Bible study, but by that time I had a tummy ache and my body refused to move any more than necessary.  I sent out a couple of texts to let people know I wasn’t leaving the house, rolled back over (while groaning) and went back to sleep.   I slept for almost 4 hours and reluctantly got up.  I lasted an hour before I crawled back into bed and slept 3 more hours.  In the last 18 hours, I have been asleep for more than 14.  It’s not secret that I enjoy a good nap, but even I sleep this much.  I’d be lying if I said I was feeling much better now.  I’m sure over doing it yesterday is partially to blame, if not completely.  Okay, probably completely to blame.  I feel pretty rotten. 

Note to Mandy: stay active, but you MUST pace yourself. 

No comments: