"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Cough, Cough, Hack

I’ve got a cold or sinus junk or something going on.  Don’t make me laugh or work too hard or I will turn into a hacking and coughing mess. 

I got up this morning in just enough time to put myself together and head to the post office for my passport application.  Yeah!  I’ve never been out of the United States, but that is going to change soon.  In July Drew has to go back to Canada for work and I’m going with him.  We are going to go a few days early, rent a car and drive the hour or two to Niagara Falls.  That will be our 14th anniversary trip and I’m so excited!!  (Technically, our anniversary is June 3rd.)  Then, of course, Drew will have to work during the week.  That will give me time to relax and then, if his schedule allows, we can explore Toronto and have dinner together each evening.  I’m so excited! 

In other news… Drew and I have been inspired by Sasha.  She got rid of her smart phone a couple of months ago after she realized how much of her time and energy it was zapping.  I’ve spoken about this before and have even taken short breaks from social media in an attempt to regain control of my time.  Well, enough is enough.  Drew used his available upgrade to downgrade.  No more iPhone… just a plain jane phone.  Talking and texting only.  No data plan necessary.  I still have a few months on my current contract, but when that is up I will be doing the same.  In the mean time, I have deleted all games and social media from my iPhone.  If I want to be on facebook then I will take the time to go to the computer, but I’m guessing that won’t happen very often.  It feels good.  The much cheaper phone bill each month will just be a bonus. 

Hopefully the cold & allergy medicine that I picked up this morning will help with this yuckiness.  There’s a very good chance that I will be napping this afternoon. 

No comments: